Out-Door Firing Range

 

Click on the pictures for the full size view.

RangeIn 1960, the City of East Point purchased the "McCrary Property" in Douglas County, GA.  The "Beaver Dam Reservoir" was created in 1963 to provide drinking water for the City, and was named "Sparks Reservoir" after George Sparks, the Public Utilities Director for the City of East Point from 1936 - 1963.  On March 16, 1964, the City Council approved the creation of a firearms range at Sparks Reservoir.  In February 1967, the firearms range was completed and named "Tyler Range."  The range was named for Chief William H. Tyler who served as Chief of Police from 1938 - 1968.  Over the years, the range has been updated to meet the needs of the Department.  In the late 1990's, the latest upgrades were started.  Today, the upgrades have been completed, and the facility has an out-door pistol range, an out-door rifle range, classrooms, and Firearms Simulator Training (FATS) equipment. This training facility compliments the In-Door Firing Range located in the East Point Law Enforcement Center.

Poster

 

The quality of the facility has attracted other law enforcement agencies to make the range their training site.  These agencies are the Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI), and the Metropolitan Atlanta Transit Authority Police Department (MARTA).                                 

                                                                              

Click on the pictures for the full size view.